- Timely response for emergency spills: With offices in Irving and Haltom City, Protect is capable of having crews on site for a cleanup anywhere in North Texas. Our phone lines are monitored 24/7 so when a client places a call, they’ll get in touch with someone who will get the response rolling.
- Trained and competent personnel: At Protect Environmental, we view HazMat response as more than just cleaning. Our teams identify risks and come up with strategies that effectively contain and remove contamination with the maximum level of safety. Supervisors and technicians continuously train with equipment and PPE to ensure that everyone and everything works the way it’s supposed to when a spill response is called for.
- Knowledge of spill reporting procedures and regulations: The TCEQ and EPA have very specific guidelines for when and how to report chemical spills and responsible parties that don’t comply could face fines or criminal prosecution. Protect’s staff have worked with the TCEQ on many occasions and can make sure that all the reporting requirements are being met.
- Thorough and accurate reporting: Every spill that Protect responds to is documented from beginning to end. Our clients are given photographs, maps, waste manifests, equipment ledgers and activity logs relating to the removal of the contamination and legal disposal of wastes. This detailed and accurate reporting provides a solid defense for responsible parties against litigation and penalties from the state.
- Scaled response: Seeing thousands of spills has reinforced the fact that every spill situation is unique. Many spills may share some characteristics but factors such as material type, spill location, nearby waterways and the weather all influence the equipment and manpower needed to contain and remediate the spill. Rather than deploying unnecessary resources at the expense of the client, Protect teams immediately assess the situation and incorporate client wishes into finding the fastest, most economical solution.
Protect Environmental Services, Inc. (PESI) is your best-in-class “clutch” performer when you need a First Responder. PESI tackle & remediate the most dangerous chemical spills & removal of hazardous waste. In fact, our pursuit of safety & rapid response for environmental sustainability surpasses ALL other environmental service companies. PESI has been rapidly responding to emergency environmental calls in North Central Texas since 1996.
Richard is also a published author of the “Ebola Response Procedures.” Additionally, he is considered an expert witness to many litigation and mediation cases. He works with multiple law enforcement agencies in forensics to hunt down illegal dumping perpetrators.